Outdoor Voices is looking for an Associate Buyer to join our Merchandising team in Austin, TX.
What you’ll do:
- Support in developing and evolving product assortments that are cohesive, achieve business objectives, and support the strategic direction of the brand – working strategically to account for fabric/attribute contribution, AUC/AUR, margin goals, seasonal sales curves, and strategic brand campaigns
- Analyze product and drive actionable results on SKU performance, sales trends, and customer feedback on weekly, monthly, and quarterly basis for in-season adjustments and future style developments.
- Partner with the Planning team to manage OTB and KPIs and ensure in-stock positioning for key items. Utilize data accessed through reporting tools to track and review sales and determine chase opportunities, inventory management, and evolution of assortment.
- Partner with Supply Chain, Ecomm, and Marketing teams to ensure an efficient and accurate flow of merchandise to customers to support sales targets, assortment mix and approved sell thru targets.
- Work closely with Design and PD/Production throughout the product life-cycle, including line plans, design/color meetings, pricing targets, margin, and adhering to key dates within the development and go-to-market calendars.
- Maintain communication tools to effectively and accurately flow information to cross- functional teams, such as product delivery flows, new style/SKU information for system set-up, etc.
- Support eCommerce merchandising to react to business trends, style performance, and inventory levels to maximize sales and conversion, while protecting site aesthetic and optimizing the digital guest experience.
- Manage brick and mortar visual merchandising initiatives and visual communications tools to boost inventory productivity, achieve sales targets, and level-up the customer experience.
- Make learning about the customer and shifts in shopping behaviors a regular priority.
- Keep up to date on market research including assortment, innovation, pricing structure
Who you are:
- Passionate and curious about product and financials behind a business
- Ability to foster collaborative relationships with cross-functional teams
- Excited to contribute, add value, and join a brand who is passionate about its mission.
- Excellent communication skills - interpersonal, written and verbal
- You are an organizational master with a keen eye for the details
- Ability to multi task and operate in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to be flexible to changing business needs
- Must be Austin based and able to work in office 1-2x a week/as needed
What you need:
- 2-3 years relevant retail/buying/merchandising experience a plus
- Retail math proficiency including margin, sell-through, contributions, etc.
- Comfort and confidence presenting to groups, as well as interacting with executive leadership and external partners
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong working knowledge of Excel, PowerPoint, Google Suite (Sheets, Docs, Slides), Looker and Netsuite
- Demonstrate speed, efficiency and organizational ability to facilitate multi-tasking in a fast-paced environment