Outdoor Voices is looking for a Data Engineering Lead to join our team. In this role, you’ll champion a data-driven culture at OV and will be both strategic and technical lead for the Data and Analytics function. You will work closely with executive leaders across the company to ensure that all teams have the information needed to operate successfully and grow OV’s business. This role reports to the VP of Technology on the Technology team and is responsible for ensuring a foundation for accurate and single source of truth data in order to drive reporting and strategic decisions across all verticals of the company.
- Develop and drive the overall strategy and vision for data and analytics at OV.
- Build and maintain a quarter-by-quarter roadmap on opportunities to improve the business with data and analytics.
- Build relationships across the company including knowledge of cross-functional teams’ objectives and initiatives in order to understand opportunities, and execute data engineering and analytics roadmap.
- Accountable for delivery of all projects, programs, and tactics relating to BI/Analytics.
- Manage external agencies to enhance warehouse capabilities and continue scaling the organization
- Champion consistent methodologies for analysis and reporting by mentoring and guiding both direct reports and the broader, entire team.
- Lead data unification and standardization initiatives
- Proactively identify problems with reporting in the organization, and correct them
- Represent OV in industry meetings to showcase the Analytics and Data capabilities at OV
- Identify opportunities to leverage data science techniques in order to create new or improve existing products, both digital and physical
- Responsible for uptime of data warehouse and reporting tools
- Identify problems in the business and develop automating solutions leveraging the data warehouse
- 7+ years of data engineering experience
- Significant experience with data science tools like Python, Redshift, SQL
- Experience with guiding executive teams in single source of truth reporting
- Experience with common ecommerce/digital marketing KPIs
- Demonstrated competency with web analytics data and tools, such as Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager, and/or Adobe Analytics.
- Willingness to work proactively to ensure successful outcomes in ambiguous situations.
- Demonstrated competency with building the cross-functional relationships needed to support and advise across organizational boundaries.